If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup Dal
- 3/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Curry leaves (Optional)
- 1 Tomato (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Chop)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 dry red chilis
- Crushed Garlic 1 tsp
- Wash t dal and Presure cook dal for 12-15 mins and keep aside
- heat ghee in a pan on low flame, add mustard seeds and asafetida let it splutter.
- Add the cumin and curry leave that for a few seconds.
- Add the onion,garlic and chilies and fry till onion is brown and then add the tomato pieces and fry till tender
- Add turmeric powder and fry for a few more seconds. When done, add the dal salt.and a little water as required and leave it for some time on simmer.
- Garnish with fried onion.
- Serve with Hot Rice or Chapathi