- Makes A LOT!
There is not much to say other than; Everything is better with bacon.
These are probably the most decadent and delicious brownies I have ever eaten. They will keep for about a week (if it lasts that long!) in the refrigerator but make sure to heat them up before serving or eating. This will make the caramel in the center nice and gooey.
This recipe makes a large baking dish worth of brownies that can feed a crowd with left overs. It can easily be halved. —bethmichelle
Dark Chocolate Chips
2 1/2 teaspoons
Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- In pan, fry 4 slices of bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside and reserve bacon grease in pan.
- Add cream to bacon grease and let cool completely.
- Crumble bacon and add to cream
- In a pot heat sugar over medium heat until sugar turns to liquid and turns a light brown color.
- Add butter and cream mixture to sugar and stir until combined and butter is melted.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a large baking dish (I used a 13X8 1/2)
- In a large pot melt chocolate chips and butter over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa and eggs (one at a time, beating after each addition)
- Add sugar, vanilla and lastly flour. Stir until combined
- Pour half the brownie batter into baking dish and layer with half of the caramel.
- Pour the rest of the brownie batter on top of the caramel and layer with rest of caramel.
- Using a knife swirl the caramel into the brownie batter and top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Keep on eye on the brownies while baking. You do not want to over cook them. You want them to be slightly undercooked so they stay soft and the caramel stays gooey.
- Let cool completely. Cut into small pieces right before serving.