If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was adapted from a recipe card from Home Grocer back in the late 90's when they were in business in Seattle. It was a great quick weeknight meal that was loved by the entire family. —FarmgirlGourmet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 bacon slices, cut to bite sized
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomato
- 10 ounces can Kidney Beans
- 10 ounces can Cannellini Beans
- 9 ounces can Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shaped pasta
- Saute the bacon until crisp in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, about 5 minutes. Remove the oil and fat from the pan leaving about 1 tablespoon.
- Add the chopped onion, celery and carrot and saute until the vegetables begin to get soft. About 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, beans and chopped herbs and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes more.
- Serve in big bowls with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.