Author Notes: I am not sure of the exact origin of this recipe but I think it must have been something served at a bar or pub - its great a great spread to serve for cocktail hour. My dear friend served it at her house a while back, I demanded the recipe since it was sooo good and have been tweaking and serving it ever since. Serve with thin, really crispy crackers like those 360 wafers. —chuckleberry
Makes: about 3 cups
cup Heavy Cream
ounces Cream Cheese
ounces Gouda Cheese - shredded about 2 cups - not the aged stuff, just regular gouda
tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
teaspoon White Pepper
- With an electric mixer or by hand (I like to do it by hand), whip the cream just until it forms stiff peaks.
- Using a food processor, drop peeled garlic cloves into the feed tube while the machine runs. Process until the garlic is chopped.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add them to the garlic in the workbowl.
- Add the Gouda, horseradish, vinegar, white pepper, and salt. Process until the mixture is completely smooth, scrapping down the sides of the work bowl as needed.
- Using the pulse button, process in the whipped creme just until blended. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, preferable overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with black pepper and bring to room temperature.