If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this spicy horseradish mayo to go with my version of a Reuben sandwich, The Ruby. (my daughters name is Ruby, so naturally this name came to mind) The Ruby Sandwich consists of homemade corned beef, Swiss cheese, sweet and sour caramelized onions and a very generous spreading of horseradish-caraway mayonnaise.
I could give you instructions on how to make your own mayonnaise from scratch, but that isn't what I did. I just stirred in extra flavor to a good quality store brand. But I enjoyed the flavors so much I think I may have to remake the recipe from scratch!
Makes 1 cup
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon whole caraway seeds
- Place the ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. Adjust the amount of horseradish, depending on the strength.
- This mayonnaise can be made and held in the refrigerator for a week.
- Spread it generously on corned beef, roast beef, turkey or lamb sandwiches to add a spicy boost. It can even be used a a dip for vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
More Great Recipes: Condiments