If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I heard about the contest ingredient, the first thing that came to my mind was horseradish mustard. After experimenting with adding different ingredients to the the base of mustard, vinegar and horseradish my eyes fell on some carrots that I had and I think it worked out nicely. What did I use my mustard for? Added a smidge to my Beet Soup, drizzled a little olive oil on the mustard and served it with steamed asparagus. Plan on adding to my mashed potatoes. Didn't know I could find so many uses for an ingredient I am using for the very first time. —vegetarianirvana
Serves 1 cup
- 2 oz diced carrots
- 3 and 1/2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon whole yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon, packed grated fresh horseradish
- salt to taste, about 1/4 tsp
- Soak the first 4 ingredients for about 8-10 hours. Then add the salt and grind in a blender on a slow speed.
- Set aside on the counter for at least 24 hours for flavors to mellow, tastes even better after two days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish