If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by my absolute adornment of chorizo. The kick makes these dumplings extra-ordinary. They work well with a sour cream-cilantro-lime dip to cool off the spice if you cannot handle the heat. These dumplings are a superb game-day appetizer! The NCAA tournament is tomorrow...hint, hint. Enjoy! —Table9
Makes approximately 20
teaspoon Zest of a Lime
Fresh Garlic Clove, Crushed
pound Uncooked Chorizo
Chipotle Chili in Adobo Sauce
ounces Cream Cheese, Brought to Room Temp
tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- In a medium skillet, cook chorizo on medium-low heat until cooked through, roughly 6-8 minutes. Add tomatillo, lime zest, garlic and chili to skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes until flavors have married. Remove from heat and add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is soft (no need for it to be completely melted). Let cool for 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, pour chorizo mixture in and process until a paste is formed. Add cilantro and pulse twice. Set aside and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a dutch oven, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat.
- While oil is heating up, line up wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Just work with 10 at a time instead of trying them to do all at one time. Place a small bowl filled with water next to the 'wrapper prep station'.
- Spoon one tablespoon into the center of each wrapper. Dip your finger in the small water bowl set up in the previous step and moisten all 4 sides of each wrapper to fold. I like to fold these envelope style by pulling two of the opposite sides to the middle and folding them over each other. Fold each of the other sides to the middle and secure. Here is a great reference if you have trouble: http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/the-art-of-folding-cream-cheese-wontons-my-methods
- Carefully drop the completed dumplings into the oil. Cook 15-30 seconds on the first side then flip to make sure both sides are fried. Fry until golden. Remove to a plate covered with a paper towel to degrease a bit.
- Repeat prep and cooking instructions with second batch. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings