If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These crunchy little chips, dusted with a handful of sparkling cinnamon sugar, are sure to remind you more than a little of that childhood favourite, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Except that you made these. With four ingredients. In 15 minutes. Hurray!
A quick note on ingredients:
I used pitas that were roughly 12 inches wide - if yours are a different size, you may want to adjust the quantitites of oil and cinnamon sugar a bit. For medium (~8-inch) pitas, a total of 1.5 tbsp of oil, 3 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tbsp of cinnamon (about 3/4 tsp oil and 2 tsp mixture per round) should suffice! If you need to make more cinnamon sugar mixture, just use a ratio of 3 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon.
These are best made with thin, mild-flavoured pitas - they crisp up the best, and don't overwhelm the cinnamon-sugar flavour. —foodhappy
Makes roughy 8-9 cups
large pitas (whole wheat or white)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Using your fingers or a knife, gently split the edges of the pitas, and separate each pita into two rounds.
- Brush ~1 tsp of oil evenly over the coarse side of the round, then sprinkle 2-3 tsp of cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly overtop. Repeat for all rounds.
- Stack 3-4 rounds on top of one another, then cut into desired shapes using a pizza wheel or a sharp, flat-bladed knife (my preference!). Repeat for all remaining rounds.
- Place pita pieces on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until crisp and golden!