Not sure where the name come from, but this is a very elegant, very simple and extremely tasty salad. —Cordelia
cup extra virgin olive oil
cloves of garlic minced
tablespoons good and tangy Dijon mustard
Juice from one lemon
tablespoons white vinegar
salt & pepper
In This Recipe
1. Boil about 6 cups of water. Add salt.
2. Cut and discard the dark green part of the leeks. Cut the leeks to chunks of about 10 cm and than cut each piece lengthwise in the middle.
3. Wash the leek pieces really well.
4. Put the leeks pieces in the boiling water and boil for 7 min. Drain well.
5. Mix all the ingredients of the dressing in a bowl.
6. Pour over the leeks while warm.
7. Put in a container and let it cool a bit before putting in the fridge.
8. Best enjoyed the next day.