If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my family we eat rice frequently. Most of the time I cook plain rice or fried rice. Today I tried to add a twist and decided to try lemon grass rice. I had tried it once in Thailand and really liked it. I hope you like it too.
For pics goto http://hannascreation.com/lemon-grass-rice/ —hannascreation
- 2 cups jasmin rice (rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 lemongrass stem, bruised and cut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine rice, water,bay leaf, lemon zest, salt in a pot and bring to boil over high heat
- Once the water boils reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. It takes like 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it sit. Covered for 5 min.
- Remove lemongrass and bay leaf.
- remove lemon grass and bay leaf