Author Notes: In my family we eat rice frequently. Most of the time I cook plain rice or fried rice. Today I tried to add a twist and decided to try lemon grass rice. I had tried it once in Thailand and really liked it. I hope you like it too.
For pics goto http://hannascreation.com/lemon-grass-rice/ —hannascreation
cups jasmin rice (rinsed and drained
cups cold water
lemongrass stem, bruised and cut
cup green onion chopped for garnish (optional)
teaspoon lemon zest
- Combine rice, water,bay leaf, lemon zest, salt in a pot and bring to boil over high heat
- Once the water boils reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. It takes like 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it sit. Covered for 5 min.
- Remove lemongrass and bay leaf.
- remove lemon grass and bay leaf