If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love these fresh and delicious tasting Vietnamese spring rolls. They are time consuming to make but worth it! Beautiful to look at and even better tasting dipped in the spicy sweet sauce that goes with them, I am sure you'll love them as much as I do. The clear wrapper shows what is inside: pale enoki mushrooms, cilantro leaf, pink shrimp and the wavy strands of rice noodles. —kristy49
Serves 4 (2 each)
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Nuam Moc (fish sauce)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingeroot
- 1 clove fine minced garlic
- chili paste or hot red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 12 chopped salted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons low sodium tamari sauce
- Place everything into a jar w/lid on and shake vigorously. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Set aside to mellow for 20-30 minutes at room temp while preparing the rest of the recipe. Serve a small amount in indvidual dipping bowls.
Filling and Rolls
- 8 large cooked shrimp, sliced in half the long way
- 8 cilantro sprigs
- 1 carrot, in fine julienne strips 2-3 inch long
- 1 small cucumber in long julienne strips
- 4 scallions in fine julienne strips
- 1 avocado in fine julienne strips
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms separated
- 1 packet round rice papers
- 1/4 pound rice noodles, cooked and rinsed and drained and set aside
- Have a shallow dish with warm water for soaking the rice paper one at a time. Once softened in water it is pliable for rolling. Don't overfill the rolls as the paper will break it is so delicate. Have all ingerdients at hand and ready to assemble before beginning. Soak one rice paper just a moment until soft. 1.On the bottom third of the rice-paper round, make a small pile of rice noodles, a few shreds of scallion, half a shrimp, some avocado, cucumber, carrot, and a leaf of cilantro, another shrimp half on top with a few enoki. 2. Roll up the round over the filling, taking it halfway up the uncovered portion of rice paper. Now fold in the side flaps and continue rolling until you have a tight cylinder. Put on a plate and keep covered with a damp cloth. Continue until you make 8 or as many as you like. 4. Serve garnished with sprigs of cilantro and with individual bowls of dipping sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms