Author Notes: These are simple and very tasty. I'm sure they'd go well with lots of things but I've just been eating them right out of the oven. —clintonhillbilly
Makes 4 large shitakes
- 4 large fresh shitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- a few drops liquid smoke
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, garlic, ginger, and liquid smoke. Marinate mushrooms while preheating oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast mushrooms until they are well cooked through (about twenty minutes).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms