If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious rice recipe that comes in many different variations from different countries. Mainly speaking this dish is prepared in Afghanistan and Iran. They eitheir call it Haddas (add-as) Polo or Mosh (ma-Ash) Polo. This is a nice rice dish to prepare for a gathering of 4 to 5 of your closest relatives, or friends. Its deep in flavor and absolutely full of aromatic fragrances that will take you to Afghanistan and Iran in no time! —Mahdi
cups long grain basmati rice
cups Mung Beans
pieces Chicken with bones
Large Onion Chopped
tablespoon Garm Masala
tablespoons Coriender Powder
tablespoon Black Pepper
Salt to taste
- fry onion in oil until golden brown, not burnt or else it will give burnt taste.
- add chicken pieces in and fry with onion mixture for 5 minutes or unitl chicken changes color.
- add the 6 cups of water at this point
- add all the spices and salt
- when the chicken is cooked you have to remove it from the stock and put it aside. When there is about 5 cups of water in the pot add mung beans and let it cook for 10 minutes
- after 10 minutes or until mung beans are soft to your touch add in the rice that had been soaking in water for an hour. (drain water from rice before you add it to the stock)
- stir and then when the rice is almost fully cooked put back in the chicken on top of the rice- cover the pot and put in 500 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- after 5 minutes lower oven heat to 425 degrees and let it bake in the oven for 30 minutes.