Author Notes: In my opinion this cocktail is the best dessert for a summer time dinner party.
After a three or more course dinner it is light and refreshing.
I do not like iced coffee because it is diluted with ice and looses the taste and aroma of coffee. I would never put ice even being in a hurry to chill it down.
Adding the liquor gives this Dessert Drink a real cocktail quality, and the ice cream in the same time mellows out the edge.
I used Sheridan’s Coffee Layered Liquor from Ireland that is a blend of dark, rich coffee liquor, layered with cool, smooth vanilla cream liquor.
Serves: 12 or more
• 10 cups water
• 20 teaspoons the best quality coffee
• ½ a cup sugar
• ¼ cup coffee liquor
• ¼ cup vanilla cream liquor
• 1pint of coffee ice cream
• 1pint vanilla bean ice cream
- 1. In a large pot bring water, coffee and sugar to a boil. Take of the stove, cool to room temperature, strain thru a fine sift to a beautiful large glass pitcher. Cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill. When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator, and mix in the liquors.. At the table pour the chilled coffee to tall wine glasses. Fill the glasses 2/3 of the way. Ask your guests to choose their favorite ice cream or both, and add a scoop or two to the glass.Enjoy!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee