If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am an espresso cafe manager. Our store's signature latte is called the Brew HaHa Latte, which is espresso, milk, mocha, and raspberry, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I wanted to make a cake at home that reflected our most popular latte and this is what I came up with! It's amazing with the latte as well for all of you espresso lovers. —KissyBeth
Makes 6 individual cake servings
Mini mocha cake
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1.5 cups confectioner's sugar
- .5 cups good quality cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- .5 cups all purpose flour
- granulated sugar to coat 6 ramekins
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso or 2oz fresh espresso
- 2 ounces hot water if using espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Using 2 tbsp of melted butter, butter 6 ramekins and coat with granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and confectioner's sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until it doubles in size and is lighter in color.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa with the other 2 tbsp of melted butter. Add the hot water and espresso, or the 2oz of fresh espresso. Stir until incorporated.
- Gently incorporate the chocolate espresso mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Add a pinch of salt to the flour, then slowly stir the flour into the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Gently pour the cake mix into the six sugared ramekins and put them on a cookie sheet. Cook for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Take them out of the oven, let them cool for 3 to 4 minutes, then invert them onto individual plates.
- Fill with raspberry filling and top with espresso whipped cream. Recipes follow.
Raspberry filling and whipped cream
- 1 packet 10 oz bag frozen raspberries thawed
- 1/3 cup 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
- hot water to dissolve the espresso
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- dark chocolate shavings
- Mix thawed raspberries, lemon juice, 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar, and the cornstarch in a blender. Strain and in a small suacepan bring the strained mixture to a boil until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the espresso whipped cream, completely dissolve the instant espresso powder. Let the coffee cool.
- Whip the cream, 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar, dash of cinnamon, and the cooled espresso until soft peaks.
- Using a pastry bag, fill the mini chocolate latte cakes with the raspberry filling. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with fresh raspberries and chocolate shavings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee