Makes: 20 truffles
ounces White Chocolate, Finely Chopped
cup Mascarpone Cheese
teaspoons Dry Sherry
teaspoon Espresso Powder
ounces Dark Chocolate Block
teaspoon Cocoa Powder
Dash of Real Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
- Over medium heat, melt white chocolate in double boiler. Once melted, set aside to cool until warm.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1/2 tsp. of espresso in the sherry. Set aside.
- To the chocolate, whisk in the mascarpone, espresso and wine mixture, vanilla and pinch of salt to combine. Add remaining 1/2 tsp. of espresso, mix to combine. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, on a flat surface grate dark chocolate block and toss shavings with cocoa powder. Remove ganache from refrigerator, and scoop balls with a round spoon. One at a time roll into a ball using your hands, then roll the truffle in the shaved chocolate/cocoa until covered. Repeat.
- Let come to room temperature and serve.