If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Had to come up with a name that would fit into the space above & coffee, cloves, cardamom & cream shortbread was a tad too long!
To be fair, the inspiration for this recipe comes from reading all the recipes posted recently, in particular, Bevi (who inspired me to create a shortbread), Tiggybee, (whose iced & spiced recipe yielded the cloves), and the blended combination of all the spices that are native to pauljoseph's home state of kerala in India.
while this was purely done on an experimental basis, The minute my kitchen started smelling like I was brewing a cauldron of creamy cappuccino, I knew I had to share this recipe.
To Bevi, Tiggybee & Pauljoseph, Thanks for the awesome inspiration, this is for you! —Panfusine
Makes 25-30 bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (taster's choice french roast worked for me)
- 6 pods cardamom,
- 4 cloves
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Using a mortar & pestle, crush the cloves, cardamom seeds & the coffee granules to a smooth powder.
- Cream the butter & sugar till well combined. add the spiced coffee powder & cream a little longer till light & fluffy.
- Sift the all purpose flour and the salt. fold the flour into the creamed butter and work till the flour is incorporated completely and the mixture comes together into a ball. wrap in plastic wrap & chill for an hour in the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness (using extra flour for dusting). Using a cookie cutter, cut out the dough and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for ~ 10 minutes or until the lower surface of the cookies starts turning a golden brown. remove & cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight jar.
- Serve alongside a hot cup of.....tea or hot chocolate!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee