If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Living in a warm climate where it is not uncommon to have a second refrigerator filled only with things to drink, this recipe came about from desire to have refreshing drink that was healthy, satisfying and a nice change from delicious water. A drink you weren't afraid to always have in the refrigerator.
I have tried varying the recipe with green tea rather than Earl Grey and Red Zinger rather than Wildberry Zinger. Neither of those seem to work as well as this combination. It gives the best balance of flavors, with all of them recognizable but not overpowering. Of course the type and amount of sweetener can be varied to taste. The quarter cup of organic sugar I prefer to use is just enough to enhance the flavor, give the tea some body, and yet still let the clean taste of lemon and mint come through.
My preference is to serve it with little or no ice, and it is also very tasty mixed with a splash of grape or cran/raspberry juice. Serving it warm is also a treat, as the steam releases the great mix of aromas with the scent peppermint standing out.
I have shared this recipe with many friends and family, always with a great response. There is always a 1 gallon jug of it in my refrigerator. Aloha and enjoy! —HawaiiBryan
Makes 2 quarts
- 1/4 cup Organic Sugar
- 2 Bags Celestial Seasonings Wildberry Zinger Tea
- 2 Bags Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Tea
- 2 Bags Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Tea
- 1 Bag Twinings Earl Grey Caffeine Free Tea
- In a large saucepan heat 1 quart water until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- Add all of the tea and steep 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags & gently squeeze out remaining tea.
- Transfer to 2 quart container and add one quart of cold water and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For