Author Notes: This is a variation on a dish that I had at a restaurant on Cape Cod. —teachertun
pound fresh brussel sprouts
cup black truffle oil
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, cold -pressed
teaspoon black truffle shavings
salt and black pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Wash the brussel sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves. Halve the larger pieces. Pat dry.
- Heat the olive and truffle oils until it spatters with a drop of water.
- Quickly add the brussel sprouts and water, cover for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure the outer leaves do not burn!
- Stir in the black truffle shavings and cook for another minute or so. Remove the brussel sprouts from the pan when they are bright green and tender.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve while hot. Delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For