Author Notes: This is a variation on a dish that I had at a restaurant on Cape Cod. —teachertun
- 1 pound fresh brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup black truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, cold -pressed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon black truffle shavings
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash the brussel sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves. Halve the larger pieces. Pat dry.
- Heat the olive and truffle oils until it spatters with a drop of water.
- Quickly add the brussel sprouts and water, cover for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure the outer leaves do not burn!
- Stir in the black truffle shavings and cook for another minute or so. Remove the brussel sprouts from the pan when they are bright green and tender.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve while hot. Delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For