If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many years ago, I stopped buying pre-made salad dressings and started creating my own small batches fresh for the salad I wanted to eat at the time. Ever since then, all kinds of vinegars have been part of my pantry arsenal. While on a vacation in Portland, Maine one year, I found an unusual blueberry vinegar to bring home as a souvenir. While this vinegar is not something I can use for just any salad, it should work well whenever a balsamic is called for. I made this salad to bring over for a July 4th picnic. The blueberry vinegar really shines in this salad alongside salty blue cheese, earthy quinoa and sweet blueberries. —NakedBeet
tablespoons blueberry vinegar
tablespoon walnut oil
dashes salt and pepper
cup uncooked red quinoa
cups fresh blueberries
ounces blue cheese
tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Before cooking the quinoa, soak it in some cold water to rinse off some of its natural bitterness.
- Mix the dressing together and set aside. Cut the blue cheese, mint and place this in with all the blueberries into a large bowl.
- Once you drain the quinoa, cool it off till it is slightly warm and pour the blueberry vinaigrette and mix that through.
- Let the quinoa cool down some more before mixing in the cheese, blueberries and mint (otherwise your blue cheese will melt.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal