Author Notes: My late mother made this for every special occasion, as did her Mom who came from Poland to Sweden to the Lower East Side. —ChefLindaS1999
pounds Brisket/Bottom Round
bag peeled carrots
can tomato soup
In This Recipe
- Saute onions and garlic in lg. pot.
- Add beef, saute on all sides
- When browned, add carrots, parsley, S&P
- Mix 1 can tomato soup w/ 1 can water, add to pot
- Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cook 1 hr. per lb.
- After boil, add lid, crack a bit, stir occasionally. Cook 1 hr. per lb. of meat
- At the end of the time, remove meat, slice and place back in thick sauce. Best eaten the next day
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For