If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While living in California, our family discovered squid and the many ways it can be prepared. This easy, delicious recipe can be served as a first course or as a main course dish. - cltnancy —cltnancy
Food52 Review: This recipe is beyond easy. Laying the squid out flat means they cook very quickly and throwing the sauce together takes only a minute. The lemon, butter, and herb combo is hard to argue with. You may want to add the lemon to taste to find the best combo for you. Other then the squid, you probably already have all these ingredients. Try it tonight! - biffbourgeois —Stephanie Bourgeois
- 12 Small Squid Bodies
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Rinse squid and cut down one side to open flat
- Pat dry with a paper towel
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil with the oregano
- Toss the squid bodies in the olive oil mixture to coat well
- Thread the squid onto metal skewers or wood skewers that have been soaked for 30 minutes in water.
- Prepare your gas or wood burning grill for grilling
- Combine 1 Tablespoon olive oil with butter, minced garlic in a saucepan and heat gently. Add lemon juice and black pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill skewered squid over high heat for 2-3 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
- Transfer to a platter and remove skewers. Top with warm butter sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsely
- Serve with chunks of bread for dipping.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe