If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I could have submitted any number of pea recipes, but I stayed simple once again with a bright and fresh tasting bowl of fresh peas. —ibbeachnana
- 4 cups of fresh shelled and rinsed peas
- A Tablespoon or so of butter
- 1 Meyer lemon, quartered and grilled
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- Sprinkling of salt
- Grill the lemon quarters and then saute for a few minutes in about a tablespoon EVOO. You can saute the lemon quarters without grilling them, but be prepared for splatters.
- Cook the peas until they are just tender and still bright green, drain and put them into a serving dish, drizzle with the lemon oil and add the butter, gently turning the peas to coat, sprinkle with a little salt. Garnish with lemon wedges, one for each person for a touch more lemon flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe