If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In our house, this is a family favorite. I love it because it is fast, delicious, and healthy. Mid-week, I always find it refreshing to enjoy a dinner that is packed with flavor. This fits the bill. —Juliette
Serves 4-6 people
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons madras curry powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into a 1 inch dice
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 1 5-10 oz. bag of baby spinach
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas
- yogurt, for serving
- warm naan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a large cutting board, mash garlic with a large pinch of salt until a smooth paste forms. Add the paste to a large roasting pan and mix the paste with curry powder and your oil of choice.
- Add onion, eggplant, cauliflower, chickpeas and ginger to the roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. The vegetables should all be tender and the eggplant should be mushy when done roasting.
- Stir in the baby spinch and add an additional drizzle of oil, if dry. Return the roasting pan back to the oven and roast until the baby spinach is wilted. This should only take a minute or two.
- Serve with a dallop of yogurt, oven rice or with warm naan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe