If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 3 ingredients, classic comfort to end a weekend, especially in the fall and winter on the Great Plains. Follow with a brandy. —ericjallison
Potato per person
pound Beef sausage
tablespoon butter per person
large egg per person
- Bake potatoes at 425 degrees for one hour. When cool enough to handle, split and scoop potato from skin(s) into cast iron or oven-proof skillet (I like to chop the skin and add it to the mix myself but that's optional). Top with a tablespoon or two of butter
- Slice sausage into rounds and add to skillet, distributing throughout the potato.
- Top with a egg for each of you.
- Place back in that same ready--to-go oven, baking until egg white is set or longer to your taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner