If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have this about once a week. It's fast to prepare, the ingredients are almost always on hand and it makes the house smell like you are making something much more involved. This complete meal comes in under $2.00 per serving. —ourlastsupper
Roast Lemon Chicken Thighs
pounds bone in, skin on chicken thighs
Juice of 1-2 lemons, about 1/2 cup
cup olive oil
tablespoons Dried oregano
Generous amount of kosher salt or flaky salt
Israeli couscous prepared for 4-6 people
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the chicken in a roasting pan skin side up.
- Whisk the lemon and olive oil together until well blended. Pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle oregano and pepper evenly over the chicken. Generously salt each piece and then put into the oven for 30 minutes or so. The skin should be golden brown and crispy.
- Serve chicken over Israeli couscous. Skim off fat from pan drippings and pour over chicken and couscous. Pass siracha chili sauce or sweet chili sauce at the table to add a little heat.
Kale Sauteéd with Garlic
2 cloves garlic, crushed
tablespoons Olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Gently heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the crushed garlic and warm unitl fragrant. Add the kale, about 1/4 cup of water and cover until wilted about 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner