Author Notes: This brainstorm came together as my husband and I drove home one night not quite knowing what we were going to do for dinner. We were tossing around ideas to replace bacon for a BLT (we recently became pescetarians) and it evolved into a sort of fresh pizza based on what was cheap, available and in the fridge at home. Easy on the clock and the budged, with a big helping of yummy. -corkage —Corkage
Makes: 6 flatbread pizzas
On The Vine Tomatoes
cup Shredded Cheese (Whatever you have on hand. I used Swiss and Gruyere)
Package Naan (I prefer the oblong Naan from Trader Joe's)
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Place Naan on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- While Naan is in the oven, roughly chop tomates, removing all seeds. Slice avocado in half, remove from shell and slice in thin slices.
- Remove Naan from oven, place 3-4 slices of avocado on each piece. Top with tomatoes and serve immediately.
- Optional: Slice Naan into 1" slices, and top with avocado and tomato for an easy appetizer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner