Author Notes: Inspired by a friend's Facebook post about Trader Joe clams. —askann
tablespoons olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
red pepper flakes
can Trader Joe's cherrystone clams
can diced tomato
white wine or vermouth (optional)
spinach or other greens
In This Recipe
- Boil large pot of salted water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil
- Add garlic. Stir until fragrant. Add red pepper flakes.
- Add liquid from canned clams -- but not the clams themselves -- and the can of tomatoes. Add wine or vermouth, if using. Simmer and allow to thicken.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- When sauce is thickened, add clams and oregano.
- When pasta is done, reserve some pasta water and drain. Add to saucepan.
- Add spinach/greens and stir until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner