If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In college, my friends and I had a holiday cookie and recipe exchange, rather than a gift exchange. My roommate made amazing Chocolate Chai Latte cookies, and I made my favorite Chocolate Biscotti recipe. This Chocolate Chai Biscotti recipe combines the two. Loaded with chocolate chips and almonds, and spiked with yummy chai spices and cinnamon glaze, this biscotti is perfect with a hot chai latte. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons powdered chai latte mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 -2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4-6 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine butter, eggs, and vanilla until well blended
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, chai mix, baking powder, baking soda. Gradually add to wet mixture until combined (will be crumbly). Fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 12 by 3 inch log (with space between each log). Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut diagonally into 1 inch slices, and place cut side down on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for another 20-25 inutes until firm and dry. Cool on wire racks.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, cinnamon, and as much water as needed for drizzle consistancy. Drizzle on completely cooled biscotti.
- Enjoy with a chai latte!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie