Author Notes: This is a family favorite of ours. —Sue Anne
Makes: 16 servings
cups Self-Rising Flour
cups Whole Milk
In This Recipe
- Rinse chicken and place in a 10 quart pot.
- Fill pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the broth and de-bone and then return chicken to the broth.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, self-rising flour, shortening and milk. Mix and knead dough.
- Roll out dough, adding flour as needed. Cut into 2" X 2" squares.
- Bring chicken and broth to a rolling boil.
- Place squares individually into broth and chicken, then boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner