If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a family favorite of ours. —Sue Anne
Makes 16 servings
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 3/4 cup Shortening
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- Rinse chicken and place in a 10 quart pot.
- Fill pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the broth and de-bone and then return chicken to the broth.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, self-rising flour, shortening and milk. Mix and knead dough.
- Roll out dough, adding flour as needed. Cut into 2" X 2" squares.
- Bring chicken and broth to a rolling boil.
- Place squares individually into broth and chicken, then boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner