Author Notes: I found a recipe using mayo and garlic to roast potatoes years ago, and was inspired to try the same using homemade aioli. —Hummusit
cloves of garlic, finely chopped
teaspoon lemon juice
cup olive oil
In This Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, salt, mustard, yolks, lemon juice, and water, and mix well.
- Using a mixer, add the olive oil slowly, spoonful by spoonful. The mixer should be set at medium speed, until the aioli thickens.
- Slice the potatoes, approximately 6-7 mm thick.
- In a baking pan, add aioli to to coat the potatoes generously. Arrange the slices in an overlapping layer, and sprinkle with [coarse] salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil, and bake in a hot oven for 1 hour. After an hour check to make sure the potatoes are cooked, then bake uncovered to brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli