If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this recipe as its easy to make, has a perfect portion size, and can incorporate many different stuffings as well as pesto. Also if your cooking for anyone with diet restrictions it can easily be altered if needed to accommodate that. In addition; without any additional work needed , the recipe makes for beautiful plating. —Katelyn Kendrick
tablespoons softened butter
dashes salt and pepper to taste
- Remove chicken breasts from packaging and lay on cutting board. Use saran wrap and lay over top of chicken breasts. Carefully pouch each one individually until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Next, using a kitchen brush; glaze each chicken breast with the softened butter.
- Pinch breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next begin by taking about a spoonful of pesto per chicken. (PESTO recipe as follows) Smoothing it over one side of breast. Repeat to all chicken breasts until each one has a thin layer of pesto on one side.
- Begin by taking the tip(small end) of chicken breast and rolling in until it forms a circle. Do to each breast. Set the chicken on a baking sheet and bake in 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until solidly light-golden brown.
- Remove from oven; allow to rest for a few minutes and serve. Garnish with: Sun dried tomatoes and a basil leaf. (Opt.)
Basil and Nut pesto
cups fresh basil leaves
cups high quality olive oil
pieces small shallot
tablespoons parmesan cheese
tablespoon romano cheese (optional, but rec.)
- First; process walnuts, shallot, and garlic (about 25 sec. or so)
- Next; add basil leaves -and begin adding the oil while processing (allow about 30 sec. or until pureed well)
- Finally, add the cheeses and pulse about 3-4 times.