If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this comes from my great grandmother and was my favorite dish as a child —eviet
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2-3/4 pounds ham and proscuitto (diced)(mixed)
- 3/4-1 pounds mozzerella (diced)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 eggs (to make sticky)
- dashes nutmeg
- Mix dough ingredients together, adding the cold water a little at a time. Knead. Divide into 2 parts. slap dough on counter for 3-4 minutes. Put in a plastic bag in refrigerator overnight.
- To make the filling dice first two ingredients into small squares. This is an old rustic recipe so they would use what was on hand - you could use just proscuitto or a combination of ham and proscuitto or even add some diced salami. Add the parmesean. Add the eggs to make sticky. Combine.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thin, cut into circles and put 1 TBSP of filling in the center fold over to form half moon shape and close by pressing edges with a fork. Fry in a pan 1/2 full with light olive oil until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"