If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This can be serve almost like a quiche with a side salad or as a side dish, preferably with a dish with succulent sauce to soak the wedges in. Your ham a cheese taste in a completely different form. And if you are too hungry to wait you can always eat it right after cooking in the polenta form, though the grilled cheese taste is just perfect. —Cordelia
oz. of Pancetta
teaspoons of chopped thyme
clove of garlic minced
tablespoon olive oil
cup graded parmesan
- Cut the pancetta and the onion to small pieces. Saute in a bit of olive oil for 5 min on medium heat.
- Add the thyme and the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and pepper, the water and the milk. Add the polenta in a slow stream while mixing.
- Bring to a simmer and lower the heat to low and keep cooking for 25-30 min mixing most of the time with a whisk, otherwise it will stick to the bottom.
- Take of the heat it mix in the cheese and olive oil. Mix well for few min.
- Pour the mixture to a greased 9'' round pan (pyrex). Let it set in the fridge for 30 min. Taste for salt.
- Cut to wedges and take out of the pan gently.
- Heat a none stick grill pan with one tablespoon of olive oil until smoking. Grill the wedges for 2 min on each side. Flip gently so they won't fall apart. you can grill the sides as well if you like.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"