If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite way to do lamb chops - marinated in lemon, olive oil and a Greek rub and then grilled to medium rare. I usually pair them with a simple marinated salad. I use loin chops but rib chops are also great and require less grilling time. We did 30 of them for Easter and 12 last night. This recipe calls for 8. —inpatskitchen
Serves: 3 to 4
Prep time: 3 hrs
Cook time: 10 min
For the Greek rub
tablespoon black pepper
tablespoons granulated garlic
teaspoon dried basil
teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon dried thyme
- Place all ingredients in a spice grinder or mini processor and process until finely ground.
For the chops
loin lamb chops cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
tablespoons of the Greek rub
Zest of one lemon
Juice of two lemons
tablespoons olive oil
Lemon wedges for serving
- In a covered container or large plastic freezer bag, place all ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- On a hot grill, grill the chops until slightly charred and cooked to your desired doneness, flipping occasionally. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe