If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love parma ham and melon, so this recipe pays homage to that! When I think of ham and cheese, sure, I think of a sandwich, because there might not be a better comfort food. But I can't help to think of other ways to use these two great ingredients, together, in a single dish. I think eggs are a great complement to ham and cheese, and this dish tries to bring all these grest flavors together in a single bite. I recently made these rolls for my parents and they loved it, so I hope you do to! —Rohit Mitter
Serves: 4 (two rolls each)
tablespoon unsalted butter
teaspoons blue cheese, crumbled
bunches parsley, chopped
slices parma ham, cut in half lengthwise (depending on the size of the slices, you may need fewer or more pieces)
pieces cantaloupe, scooped out (using a melon baller might be easiest if it's available)
honey to drizzle
salt and pepper
- Crack eggs in bowl; add salt and pepper and whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Melt butter in non-stick pan and add egg mixture. Allow eggs to start setting and then using a wooden spoon (my preference) or spatula, scramble by continuously pushing eggs towards center of pan.
- As eggs begin to set, add crumbled blue cheese and incorporate. Break apart large pieces as they form and continue cooking for approximately 30 seconds longer. Total cooking time for eggs will vary, but shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and remove eggs just before they are completely set.
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon of the egg mixture to the center of a parma ham slice and roll. If the egg is falling out the sides, remove some before rolling again. Repeat for remaining egg mixture. You should be able to create 8 rolls.
- In a 400 degree preheated oven (or toaster oven), roast rolls for approximately 1 minute or less. You can skip this step if you'd like, but I found that this step ensures that the ham and egg bind together.
- For each roll, insert toothpick and gently place balled melon through the top. Garnish with honey. You're done -enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"