If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite summer drinks when I want something light on the alcohol is campari and soda with lime or lemon, It takes me back to when I was travelling in Europe. Its so crisp and so clean definitely an acquired taste. In thinking about what to enter for this contest I thought of a campari and soda and decided to make it into a sorbet and plop a big scoop in an ice cold glass of sparkling water. Its a campari and soda with a twist. - sdebrango
Food52 Review: Sdebrango's sorbet strikes a great balance between sweet and bitter and is packed with a ton of citrus. Because of the alcohol, it did take quite a while to become firm enough to scoop. Whipping did make the ice cream float, but be prepared to take some extra time for freezing again after the extra steps. Try it in a slushy or with sparkling wine in a spritz. - biffbourgeois —Stephanie Bourgeois
cups Juice from freshly sqeezed lemons and limes you can decide the ratio as long as it equals 1 1/4 cups I used 4 limes 3 lemons
cups Super fine Sugar
Very cold seltzer, club soda, sparkling water.
- Combine the juice of the lemons and limes, super fine sugar, water and campari mix until the sugar is disolved. Place in the refrigerator to chill, should be very cold. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn away.When the sorbet is thick and the consitency of a slurpee pour into a freezer container. Its best to freeze over night or until it is scoopable. (See step 3 for optional method) Chill your seltzer, club soda or sparkling water make sure its very cold.
- Get a tall glass put two scoops of the sorbet in each glass and fill with the ice cold sparkling water, club soda or seltzer. Garnish with a slice of lemon or lime and a sprig of mint. Enjoy!
- This step is optional: If you want your scoop of sorbet to float you have to whip it. Here is what you do: After taking out of the ice cream machine put in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours take it out and whip it with your electric mixer right in the container you are freezing it in. Beat for one minute it will get slushy thats ok. Put it back in the freezer for another 2 hours then take it out and whip it again for another minute return to the freezer and let it freeze. Because it has alcohol in it it takes longer to freeze to a scoopable consistency. If you don't care if your sorbet sinks to the bottom of the glass omit this step.
- I purposely made the sorbet very intense so when added to soda water you an really taste the flavors. If you want to make the sorbet less intense simply decrease the lemon/lime and add water equal to what you took from the citrus.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe