If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My boyfriend just walked to the cupboard to get another cookie, there are plenty of cookies in the house after all the testing this week. He was sure I submitted his favorite for the contest which I didn't, I submitted my favorite and he just found out. He is sure I made a huge mistake and convinced me to share this recipe as well, so here it is. —Janneke Verheij
- 120 gram soft butter
- 60 gram white caster sugar
- 60 gram dark caster sugar
- pinches salt
- 1/2 egg, lightly beaten
- 30 gram cacao powder
- 200 gram fine flour
- 5 gram baking powder
- handfuls pecan nuts
- handfuls almonds
- handfuls cranberries
- 40 gram white chocolate coarsely chopped
- Mix the butter with the sugar, salt, flour, cacao powder, baking powder and the egg. When you have a nice dough mix in the nuts, the white chocolate and cranberries, the dough will be greasy and heavy. Shape it into a ball and let it rest in the fridge for one hour.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Take little pieces of the dough and roll the between your hands, now flatten them with your fingers, they should be about 2/3 mm thick but you can vary in size or shape. You can also roll out the dough thinly and make shapes with cookie forms. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven on 170C.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie