If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was inspired by a cucumber basil mojito that I had at Cuba Libre. I loved the drink and wanted to recreate it at home for our Memorial Day cookout, but it was too hot for booze.
This drink can be served over ice, but I prefer to chill my ingredients instead.
Serve with a garnish of lime and cucumber. —HealthyDelicious
cucumber, peeled and seeded
limes, zested and juiced
ounces club soda
- Add the cucumber and 1/4 cup water to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the cucumber is liquified.
- Make lime simple syrup by combining sugar, lime zest, and remaining water in a small saucepan.Heat until sugar has melted. Chill until ready to serve.
- To make the drink: place 2 basil leaves, juice from 1/2 a lime, and 1 Tbs of your simple syrup in the bottom of a glass. Use the back of a spoon to muddle the basil. Add 2 Tbs cucumber puree and top with 8 oz club soda. Stir gently to mix.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe