If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Drink brings warm memories of my teenage years.
My Mom had a close friend and when we visit together her brother, who was a successful and wealthy dentist, he would always treat us with fancy drinks.
Uncle Samuel that was his name used to make this drink with pieces of pineapple, semi-sweet champagne and would serve the best quality dark chocolate bars on the side.
I sprinkle the berries with Rum because my Mom used to say that alcohol keeps them fresh for a longer time. She always did so even before cooking berry preserves.
- • 1 pint fresh wiled or small strawberries
- • 2 tablespoons White Rum or any good alcohol
- • 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- • 1 bottle champagne
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes. Place strawberries in a smaller bowl, sprinkle with Rum and sugar and put on top of the ice for about 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
- To serve; put a few strawberries in the bottom of wide champagne glasses and at the table fill with champagne.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe