If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Almost like Tabouleh, but not quite :) refreshing —Do it Like Dana
For the Salad
- 1 cup Quinoa (I like to use a blend of black and red for this salad)
- 1 Cucumber cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Red Onion minced
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 Package of Mint Chopped
- 1/4 cup Toasted pine nuts
For the Dressing
- 1 Garlic Clove smashed and chopped
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- Zest from 1/2 to a whole lemon. I start with a little and keep adding more till the dressing is to my liking
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Toast quinoa in pan, then add 2 cups of water. Let simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is fully cooked
- While quinoa is cooking mix the dressing. Just whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. You may also prep the veggies while quinoa is cooking.
- When quinoa is done cooking IMMEDIATELY add the dressing. Mix until all the quinoa is coated. Put in fridge and chill. Stir every 15 to 20 minutes so cool air can hit all of the quinoa and it will chill evenly and more quickly.
- Once quinoa is cool add veggies and mint. Mix it up and serve.