Beets and beets leaves (chard). Use purple beets and golden beets for some more color. the unpeeled lemon give this salad extraordinary.
Beets and beets leaves (chard). Use purple beets and golden beets for some more color. the unpeeled lemon give this salad extraordinary.—Cordelia
medium golden beets
medium purple beets
1.5-2 bunches swiss chard
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In This Recipe
- Wrap the beets in tin foil and bake them in 360 degree oven for about an hour, or until you can pock with a fork very easily.
- Let them cool for a bit and then take the skin of with your hand (come off very easily). Cut the beets to cubes of 1X1 cm. put in a bowl.
- Take of the stems of the chard leaves. Cut to strips and wash well.
- In a pan warm the 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the chard. Let it wilt for about 5 min while mixing.
- Add the cooked chard to the bowl, with the garlic but without the liquid that came out of the chard.
- Add the vinegar, oil, salt and cut the lemon (including skin) to small cubes and add as well.
- Let seat in the fridge over night and serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets