If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moist. Spongy. Doesn't rise high. Best sliced thin.
Makes great French toast with that chestnutty sweetness coming through. Good crust.
What more do you want?
No don't tell me..... —Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 regular loaf
1 cup chestnut flour, sifted
1 cup almond meal, sifted
1/3 cup arrowroot powder
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons raw flaked almonds
1/4 cup plain/natural regular yogurt (not thickened)
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Centigrade. Grease and line a loaf tin. Then combine all the dry ingredients - chestnut and almond meals, arrowroot powder, flaxseed meal, salt, baking powder and 2 tablespoons of the raw flaked almonds
- In another bowl combine the eggs and yogurt., whisking till well combined, about 2 -3 minutes. Stir the agave and the cider vinegar into the mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and fold in using a spatula. Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for half an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then turn out of the pan, on to a rack. Let cook and serve thin slices with cream and marmalade. Leftovers are great for French Toast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good