Author Notes: To me this is the best (almost) flourless chocolate cake ever. I usually make it with 1 tbsp of AP flour but it works perfectly also with potato or corn starch.
I love to serve it when it's still a little warm with a cloud of lightly whipped cream aside.
Makes: a 10-11" tart pan
tablespoons unsalted butter + more to grease the pan
cup granulated sugar
tablespoons corn or potato starch
ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Melt butter and chocolate (I melt the butter first in microwave until very hot and I melt then the chocolate in melted butter).
- Butter the pan and dust it with corn/potato starch all over to avoid cake to stick.
- With food processor combine egg yolks, sugar, melted butter, melted chocolate and corn/potato starch.
- A part, beat egg whites until stiff and add them quickly to the mixture.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, no more. (depending on pan dimension, the bigger the pan the quicker it bakes). Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good