If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To me this is the best (almost) flourless chocolate cake ever. I usually make it with 1 tbsp of AP flour but it works perfectly also with potato or corn starch.
I love to serve it when it's still a little warm with a cloud of lightly whipped cream aside.
Makes a 10-11" tart pan
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter + more to grease the pan
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn or potato starch
- 9 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Melt butter and chocolate (I melt the butter first in microwave until very hot and I melt then the chocolate in melted butter).
- Butter the pan and dust it with corn/potato starch all over to avoid cake to stick.
- With food processor combine egg yolks, sugar, melted butter, melted chocolate and corn/potato starch.
- A part, beat egg whites until stiff and add them quickly to the mixture.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, no more. (depending on pan dimension, the bigger the pan the quicker it bakes). Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good