If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: adapted from Heidi Swanson's 101cookbooks.com. —jbban
ounces whole-grain, gluten-free flour mix (from Gluten-Free Girl)
cups mixed nuts and seeds, lightly toasted
teaspoon sea salt
- Combine flour, nuts, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey and eggs.
- Add honey mixture to flour mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Grease a loaf pan. Press the dough into the pan - really press it to remove any bubbles.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in a 300F oven. The edges should be brown, and the middle should seem dry. You are going to cook the heck out of these crackers, so don't be shy.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and cool for a few minutes until you can touch it without burning yourself. Meanwhile, turn the oven up to 400F.
- On a cutting board, slice the loaf as thinly as possible. I aim for no more than half a centimetre thickness so that my crackers will come out snappy.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet. I use an olive oil sprayer to lightly spritz all of the slices, but you could use a pastry brush (with a light hand) to achieve the same effect.
- Bake the slices for 4-5 minutes. They should be lightly browned.
- Flip the slices, repeat the spritzing with olive oil step. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer crackers to a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good