Author Notes: adapted from Heidi Swanson's 101cookbooks.com. —jbban
ounces whole-grain, gluten-free flour mix (from Gluten-Free Girl)
cups mixed nuts and seeds, lightly toasted
teaspoon sea salt
In This Recipe
- Combine flour, nuts, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey and eggs.
- Add honey mixture to flour mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Grease a loaf pan. Press the dough into the pan - really press it to remove any bubbles.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in a 300F oven. The edges should be brown, and the middle should seem dry. You are going to cook the heck out of these crackers, so don't be shy.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and cool for a few minutes until you can touch it without burning yourself. Meanwhile, turn the oven up to 400F.
- On a cutting board, slice the loaf as thinly as possible. I aim for no more than half a centimetre thickness so that my crackers will come out snappy.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet. I use an olive oil sprayer to lightly spritz all of the slices, but you could use a pastry brush (with a light hand) to achieve the same effect.
- Bake the slices for 4-5 minutes. They should be lightly browned.
- Flip the slices, repeat the spritzing with olive oil step. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer crackers to a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good