If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a homemade do-over of a Kind Apricot Bar. My friend Amy called it a bird bar because it looks like bird seed cakes that birds eat! It's so yummy and satisfying. —PirateKW
Serves 12-14 bars
- 1 cup Coconut chips or flakes
- 2 cups Almonds, rough chopped
- 1 cup Dried Apricots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/2 cup Apricot Preserves
- pinch Fine Grain Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray. If you like thick bars, use an 8×8 inch pan; for thinner bars, use a 9×13 inch pan.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the almonds and coconut for about 5-7 minutes , or until the coconut is golden. Give them a good turn with a spatula about half way through baking. Mix the toasted nuts, coconut, cereal and apricots in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the rice syrup, apricot preserves and pinch of salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until it comes to a boil, about 4 minutes. Let cool slightly and pour over the mixture in the bowl. Stir until it is evenly incorporated.
- Sread into the prepared pan with a spatula and refrigerate for about 20 minutes before cutting into bars. Wrap individually in wax or plastic wrap for easier handling and transport!
- If desired, and to make easier to handle, coat bars in any type of ground nut for less sticky fingers!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good