If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mache is a delicate lettuce grown in a rosette shape. It has recently experienced a growth in the US, it has been popular in Europe for a long time. It is a super delicate lettuce with tons of antioxidants and a nutty, mellow flavor. I love it not just because it tastes good, but also because it is so beautiful. Almonds are also one of the those good for you foods. Marcona almonds are a pre-roasted and salted almond from Spain - delicious! I make this as my default salad when I don't know what to do. - meganvt01 —meganvt01
Food52 Review: Meganvt01's salad may have few components but when eaten with the delicious vinaigrette it is a taste explosion. I loved the tender mache barely dressed and the addition of the almonds and goat cheese added tangy crunch that was so satisfying. After eating this salad I felt that I had done myself a service by fueling my body with a healthy salad. There is nothing more satisfying than eating something good for you that tastes so delicious. - sdebrango —sdebrango
- 5 ounces mache, washed
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, dijon, garlic, egg yolk, oil, salt, and pepper in a sealed container and shake vigorously.
- Dress the mache with only as much vinaigrette as you need to moisten the leaves - 3 tablespoons perhaps. Depends on the size of your leaves. Place the mache on your serving dish and top with marcona almonds and goat cheese.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw