Author Notes: It works better with ingredients at room temperature.
Traditional recipe calls for lemon and confectioner sugar as garnish but with fresh fruit, whipped cream and ice cream it's yummy! —heirloom
Makes 2 pancakes in 10" cast iron skillet
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Corn starch
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
- Unsalted butter
- 1 Lemon
- Confectioner sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk eggs, milk and starch together in a bowl being careful not to over beat, lumps are fine.
- Heat cast iron skillet over low-medium heat. Turn heat up and melt in a little butter until bubbles but not brown. Turn heat off and pour 1/2 batter. Let it rest 30 secs.
- Put skillet in oven and cook for 9 to 15 minutes until edges rise along skillet sides and surface is brown and bubbling.
- Transfer to a dish, garnish with half of the lemon juice and sugar.
- Repeat the same for the second pancake while enjoying the first!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good