Author Notes: It is a typical sandwich that we eat in Perú, specially birthday parties. The traditional Triple has threes layers of bread with mayonnaise and thin slices of hard-boiled egg, tomatoes and avocado with a touch of pepper and lemon. It is delicious, perfect for Picnic and day's out as well as lunchboxes! The more home-made it is (i.e. home-made bread recipe and mayonnaise http://www.monitouille.com/en/pan-de-molde-y-sandwiches) the more delicious and gourmet it becomes. —Monitouille
Makes: 4 personal triples or 36 mini bites
avocados peeled and cut into thin slices
cup home-made mayonnaise
juice of 1 lime
slices of bread for every sandwich
salt and freshly ground pepper
tomatoes cut into very thin slices
boiled eggs cut into thins slices
- Place on a cutting board the sliced ??tomato, egg and avocado, peeled and thinly sliced ??too. Add salt and pepper and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Take three slices of bread and spread mayonnaise on them.
- Place avocado over a slice first, pressing with a fork to make it compact. Be generous.
- Cap. Put mayonnaise.
- Add egg slices (3) and 4 tomato sliced ??very thin. Cap.
- Cut into 3 vertical rows and 2 horizontal and you've got many small addictive Triple bites. Cut in diagonally and you've made one just for you!!