Author Notes: This has been a staple at my parties for years! It is simple and the taste of the toasted pine nuts couples with good olive oil steals the show. I like this best served at room temperature. It's a perfect party buffet or picnic offering. —SouffleBombay
- 1 1/2 cups pine nuts, toasted
- 1 pound orzo
- 1 cup chopped parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup (or more to taste) good olive oil
- salt and pepper
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread your pine nuts out on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, check on them and move them around twice. Once they begin to turn golden brown in spots they are perfect. Set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions - al dente. Once done, immediatley run under cold water while draining. Blot dry with a paper towel and toss with olive oil.
- Add in your parsley, pine nuts and seasoning and toss well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish